Monday 4 October 2010

Back from Miniatura



Well, home from the show. I must firstly say a huge thank you to Debie from Piskies and Poppets who helped me throughout the weekend, we had a great time chatting and seeing our customers and other standholders.  It was also great to meet Janine Crocker of Miss Amelia's Miniatures who had flown in from Lanzarote for the weekend, although we've been email friends for ages it was nice to actually meet face to face. 
It was very strange this weekend it seemed as though there a lot less people through the doors on both days. The weather didn't help much on Sunday as it was absolutely pouring down!
The show wasn't great for me and I will not be exhibiting at Miniatura in the future.

You will however be able to see my dolls on 19th February at The Thame Dollshouse Fair.

So if you'd like to see my new dolls that are available for sale please visit my website
http://www.dollshousedolls.co.uk/ I am in the process putting new dolls and other items onto my site this week.

6 comments:

  1. Weather was very bad over the weekend, perhaps people didn't venture out. Your dolls are lovely. Pan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quizás la crisis se haga notar, o quizás solo fuese el mal tiempo.
    ya sabe que admiro sus trabajos.
    un abrazo

    Perhaps the crisis will make note, or perhaps only was the weather.
    you know I admire your work.
    a hug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, your dolls are really lovely and I spent a little time talking to Debie at your stand. Many exhibitors said that the show was slow. I think it is down to people keeping a tighter rein on their pockets as the new budget looms. I also have to say that when I phoned the ticket line on Tuesday they said all tickets where sold out for Saturday, yet I have since found out people were buying them on the door! That is not good for the exhibitors as it may have resulted in less tickets sold, therefore less people attending resulting in less sales for everyone. I spoke to a few exhibitors who said they will not be going to miniatura again for the same reason as you. Not good at all, I think you should have a word with the organisers.
    Lorraine
    Lorraine Miniatures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments ladies, I won't be back at the show for sure,it's easier to just put them on my website and sell that way,
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stand looked wonderful with your exquisitely costumed dolls. I don't think the rain had much to do with visitor numbers, and sadly I don't think you will be alone in calling time on the show, from what others were saying; I do wonder why stands at other types of fairs held there are so much cheaper?? Lovely to see you, Janine and Debie.
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Mary for making me so welcome and for displaying my hats on your stand. I'm really glad we were able to meet up at long last. Your dolls are even more stunning in real life and I know you will continue to sell them easily on your website!

    ReplyDelete